MST Recognition Night

MST Graduates Accept Certificates

Bree Welch

On Wednesday, May 24th at 6 p.m., students, teachers, and parents from Londonderry, Manchester, Bedford, and Goffstown high schools gathered at Central High School in Manchester for the MST recognition night. This night is for all the students who have attended Manchester School of Technology for the past two years and have completed their CTE programs (Career Technical Education) with the corresponding certificate. Such programs as Cosmetology, Culinary, Game Design, Design Communications, and Automotive are represented.

These students have been attending MST every day, Monday through Friday, for 100 minutes for the past two years. Students who attend this school are given the opportunity to earn certifications in technical coursework which may not be offered at a traditional high school. One graduate says she’d “recommend MST to anyone that’s looking to go into a trade. [It] was a great way to get a head start on what I want to do for a career.”

The recognition night, although not an official graduation, allows the students to walk across the stage, receive their certificate, and shake the hands of their teachers. Although this ceremony wraps up the last two years of our high school experience, it also opens the doors for the start of our future, chasing our dreams, and doing what we love.