Rolling Down the Alley

Riley Johansen, Staff Writer

Did you know Goffstown High School has a bowling team? Well most of you probably did as it’s on the announcements about every other day in the winter. Tryouts are in the winter and the team meets Tuesdays and Thursdays for practice. The team consists of 24 students currently an improvement from the eight students the previous year. According to Megan Charest while there are tryouts you don’t really have to be good at first to play on the team, her first score was a 32. When the GHS bowling team was asked if they are any good Megan says “I think so….. we got first” the team is a two time state champions. For those who don’t like to play sports due to injury risks, the only real risk in bowling is the fact your fingers might get stuck in the ball. The team plays and practices at Spare Time in Manchester for $85 a season.

Megan says it’s lots of fun and they like to Enjoy themselves. At one practice Cooper Fitz did a trick called “low hanging fruit”. For tryouts you bowl two frames and you then take the average of the two scores and that’s your score to get onto the team. When asked what she might want to change she says “my bowling style” but reassures me that she is getting better and is pleased with her practices.

If you like the thought of bowling, go talk to Mr. Martin about when next year’s tryouts will be and what you need to come and play. Megan and the bowling team welcome all.