Club Spotlight: Rho Kappa

Rho+Kappa

Rho Kappa

National Social Studies Honor Society

Marlena Malloch, Staff Writer

If you are a student who enjoys and excels in Social Studies, then Rho Kappa is the honor society for you! More formally known as the National Social Studies Honors Society, Rho Kappa’s main goal is to promote scholarship, recognize students excelling in social studies, and give students the opportunity to interact with their community. 

This new chapter is led by President Joshua Luedke, Vice President of Membership Brayden Hollinrake, and Club Advisor, Mr.Pyszka. There are currently 43 chapters in the United States. They are looking for students in grades 10-12 to join the society. To join, you need to fill out the membership application, get a letter of recommendation from a teacher, and pay an induction fee of $20. To inquire about the application, reach out to any of the emails listed below to gain access to the Google Classroom. The requirements are that you have a GPA of 3.0 (83%) or higher. The deadline is May 7th! 

Rho Kappa is currently in the planning phase of their community engagement. One opportunity they are currently focusing on involves engaging with the Goffstown Historical Society. According to Joshua, he hopes that “Rho Kappa will help with and cooperate on a multitude of projects over time. An example of one we hope to do next school year would be helping document the stories of the town’s veterans.” They also plan on getting more in-depth with social studies topics and civic engagement.

Eventually, Rho Kappa will promote scholarships. At the moment, there is no definite scholarship program. Following COVID-19 guidelines, they will have monthly zoom meetings. For more information visit the Rho Kappa website here, or feel free to reach out to the leaders. 

Joshua Luedke: 22luedkejm@sau19.org 

Brayden Hollinrake: 22hollinrakeb@sau19.org 

Mr. Pyszka: andrew.pyszka@sau19.org 

They hope to see you there!