A Trip to Old Hollywood

Lydia von Schwanenfluegel, Staff Writer

Walking up a red carpet, through a set of glass doors, and into a glittering room complete with an enormous Hollywood sign, and surrounded by hundreds of elegantly dressed prom-goers. That was the experience of every person at prom this year. All the planning, all the hours put into finding that perfect dress, of doing your hair, and of planning the perfect prom-posal were worth it for this one moment.  

Thanks to the tireless work of student and faculty volunteers and especially one class of 2019 student body president, Goffstown High School’s 2018 prom went off without a hitch. The decorations, table settings, and food were all amazing, as is to be expected for the classes of 2018 and 2019. Dinner was served promptly and consisted of a pasta bar, salad bar, delicious chicken stir-fry, and, most importantly, a mashed potato station complete with rich, decadent gravy.

Congratulations to Prom King Griffin Hansen and Queen Phoenix Irish, as well as the prom court, Lachlan Benoit, Justin Scott “with two t’s” Kaminski, Colby Putnam, Dylan Williams, Teaghan Coyle, Steffi Flegal, Serena Martinez, and Gerri-Lynn Nolan. Everyone looked amazing in their gowns, tuxedos and formal wear. Thank you to all who voted for them, and thanks to Mrs. Lussier and Mrs. Audley, who counted votes, made sure sashes and crowns were accounted for, and who were an integral part in making the night a success.

Prom 2018 has been long in the making, from before last year’s prom up to the moments before the doors to the (formerly) Radisson Hotel’s Armory opened, and it could not have been done without the help of many people. Thanks to the prom committee, including Emma Hecker, Sophia Harkins, Serena Martinez, Zoe Zeballos, Griffin Hansen, Laura DePetris, Lydia von Schwanenfluegel, and Miah Parsons. Thanks to a fabulous DJ, Joey Bolduc, who played both new hits such as “Famous” by the Walmart Yodel boy Mason Ramsey, and timeless classics like “Time of my life” from “Dirty Dancing” and “Cotton-eye Joe,” which had everyone up on their feet.

At the end of the night, everyone’s feet hurt from dancing, but from what I could tell, it was an all-over satisfying experience. Now, time to start preparing for next year’s prom!